Zuider Zee Guesthouse offers five lovely private rooms or log cabins with panoramic sea viewsoverlooking the valley below and the golden beach of Salt Rock embracing the warm Indian Ocean. All have their own individual character in style and décor, but there is no compromise in the attention to and good quality in the overall standard of furnishings, amenities, service and home-from-home hospitality.
- Two double rooms en suite ( One standard and one Superior with a self-catering option )
- One family suite ( A twin bed or King size bed configuration in the bedroom with a large “double bed size” sleeper couch in the lounge with self catering option)
- Two self-catering log cabins, one open plan with a double bed and a ‘double’ shower en suite (perfect for Honeymoon couples) and a family unit unit (2/4 sleeper) en suite with two bedrooms (one twin bedded and one double)
Room / Unit Facilities
- Spectacular panoramic views over the valley, its canopy of indigenous trees, and the main beach of Salt Rock, and the Indian Ocean
- Remote access to the property
- Private entrances
- Private patio’s and/or sundecks
- Individual braai-bbq
All are equiped with
- Bar fridges
- Ceiling fans
- Kitchenettes with coffee/tea amenities
- Safe for small valuables
- Clock radios
- DSTV 6 channels (4 channels only in the Log cabins)
- They are all fully serviced daily, and supplied with linen and beach towels
There is our fully equipped communal kitchen gazebo close to the Guestrooms.
The log cabins feature
- Fully equipped kitchenettes
- Bar fridge
- Mini combo two-plate stove/oven
- Breakfast nooks
- Wash line facility
The large sundecks have leisure table and chair sets and a kettle braai.
We offer Breakfast or Dinner by arrangement in an African bistro setting. We have safe off street parking and a stress free environment.
There is our sparkling salt-water swimming pool surrounded by a spacious patio and sundeck where you can relax and enjoy the magnificent scenery, wonderful tropical climate, lush vegetation and appreciate the abundant bird life, or watch the bottlenose Dolphins frolic through the surf. Whales can also be spotted on their annual migration to Mozambique for the summer.
Salt Rock is located 5km north of Ballito, with excellent shopping, recreactional and restaurant facilities, just half an hour’s drive to the port city of Durban, South Africa’s premier holiday Mecca, and close to the many natural and historical attractions of the “Zul Kingdom” including the Big Five pristine bushveld, African wilderness and World Heritage sights.